This is such a simple and easy snack to make . And made at home not bought, much better for not only you but pocket book to. .
I do not core and do not peel the apples . The Witch in me keeps the middle as it bestows a pentagram (pentacle as preferred) and I love the peel .
Up to you , you can core and peel just all a matter of preference . Seeds however dispose of or dry out and plant for an apple tree in the spring.
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2. Prepare Apples, wash thoroughly and slice thinly . 2 medium sized , of any firm variety.
3. spread evenly on a buttered ( or greased cookie sheet )
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar ( had I had nutmeg & clove they would have been in the sprinkle mix to )
5. Pop into a 225 degree oven and bake for 1 hour.
6. At the hour mark , remove from oven , flip over and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar again, pop back in oven for another hour.
After the second hour , bring them on out. The house smells so yummy, like a freshly baked apple pie, only a chip.
They are so cute to look at , but not enough so , not to devour. If you make more than one batch or have leftovers , store in an airtight container.
Your welcome :)